Thursday, May 21, 2009

Work Hard, Rock Harder

A nice chance to take a breath and write some thoughts~
The drive from Mumbai to Pune Tuesday night was an experience in and of itself! And driving around Pune yesterday with Rohan (Kunal's brother), it was nice to be able to see the city, get a sense of my surroundings. I'm continually amazed by what I see. I'm not totally surprised, but I can't get over it, either. Animals (dogs everywhere, chickens, goats, oxen?), people, traffic, everything!
I was with the pediatric ophthalmologist today at the eye hospital, who was a wonderful teacher. He would discuss the patient's case with me, and it was great because we just had all this eye stuff in neuro, so it was fresh in my mind and I actually knew what was going on! He will be operating tomorrow on some of the patients he saw today, so I hope to be able to see those surgeries tomorrow morning.
Aside from teaching me ophthalmologic things today, the physician was excited to talk about his taste in music - hard rock/heavy metal! His outlook: "Work Hard, Rock Harder!" I thought that was funny. And probably sound advice!

-Megan

No comments: