Friday, May 15, 2009

Megan's Reflection

I am looking forward to CURA India for many reasons. Not only is it going to be a trip in which we provide some basic services and education to a wide range of people (those both in the city and rural villages suffering from many different things), Kunal’s expertise and connections will help us make the most of our time there. He knows who especially is in need of our attention, where to focus our efforts, and who to call for help in doing this. Even poor healthcare in the US is exponentially better than that in the majority of the rest of the world, and as an insulated Midwesterner, I know seeing that reality firsthand will be an eye-opener.Apart from my excitement to experience this new place, I do have fears. Emotionally-draining sights and encounters, disease exposure, and yes, snakes, are among them. I am also slightly nervous about how we will be received in India and the cascade of effects from the unrest in the Middle East. Overall, I am comfortable with the planning of the trip, I love the group, and I am thrilled to start the adventure!

No comments: